Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Carols

The day of the carols,
will ever remain, fixed in my memory
as a turning point in my life.
It was on this day
that I realised clearly, finally,
how much you meant to me.

I had known you
for barely a year, yet in that time
you had become my dearest friend.
Getting to know you
as the year went on, had become
my favourite way to spend my time.

You made me laugh every day,
with your quotes, your jokes,
and your remarkable insight.
You made me think,
you challenged my attitudes,
and all this with acceptance and love.

On the day of the carols,
I finally realised that I wanted
to spend my days with you.
With you life was fun,
the future, bright, and every day
became joyful, exciting.

That night by moonlight,
I saw in you compatibility unforeseen
and companionship complete.
My heart went out to you,
never to feel settled without you near,
without you by my side.
So here I am, countless miles
lying between us, longing to have you with me
once again, my dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment